- Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (New York) suggested that President-elect Donald Trump should consider former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for United Nations Ambassador.
- Maloney, whose congressional district includes Trump Tower in Manhattan, said on Friday:
“[Hillary Clinton] will never stop working. She will always make a difference and will always be a part of the dialogue in a positive way to advance the values of America and to advance the causes that she believes in.”
- She also said Clinton could serve as president of the UN:
“She could be the first woman to run the United Nations. She will continue to work and she will continue to give selflessly as she has her entire life.”
- Sources close to the President-elect’s transition team have floated Richard Grenell as a top choice for UN Ambassador.
- Grenell is a media commentator and the longest serving US spokesman at the United Nations.
Maloney speaking with PIX11’s Marvin Scott: